Friday, July 10, 2009

Luddy, my buddy!


This picture is of me and my grandfather, Bum, having our picture taken next to the Ludwick and Izzy cutouts last year, during the 2008 season.

Today: Ryan Ludwick, 3 for 3, BB, R, 4RBI (one was a sacrifice fly to put the first point on the board).

I think we have something with Rasmus, Pujols, and Ludwick batting 3, 4, and 5. It also helps that Brendan Ryan's offense has picked up along with his defense. If we only had the pitcher bat 9... then we would really have something !

I picked up Ryan Ludwick as a free agent a couple weeks ago for my Birds on a Bat team, and I just know it is going to pay big dividends. That got me thinking about some of the other players that might be available in your league as a free agent. I beat the group to the punch and picked up Tommy Hanson in both leagues; another guy picked up McCutchen fresh off the McClouth trade; someone else got Weiters, but I'm not so sure he is the greatest pickup with catchers like Suzuki and Napoli lying around as free agents also.

I picked up a player on the DL at least a few times already, and stashed him away a month or so before he was coming back. I have Delgado on one team now and Tim Hudson on another, both were free agents. I also had Smoltz in one league, though I have yet to start him. Another guy picked up Matt Lindstrom as a free agent on the DL.

I realized that many people in both of my leagues are not using their DL spot very efficiently. If all your players are healthy, and you are going to make a move anyway, it can't hurt to add the injured player, put him in your DL spot, and then add the player you were originally going to add. That way you have the player in the DL spot just in case you lose a player for the season, or in case he is a big time player that will come on strong for you in the second half.

Closer: Is it ironic that we might get Glaus back before DeRosa? Or is it deserving for all the harrasment Cardinals fans have given Mozeliak for not making an impact move that Cardinals nation is usually calling for?

No comments:

Post a Comment